Buying a new system of air conditioning is a decision important. This guide can help you contribute to making the right thing, to save energy and money.
With a new air conditioning system, you can enjoy the savings that come with the increase in energy efficiency year after year. And when you purchase your system through of a contractor with the certified license of the state of Texas, you can guarantee your system and the installation work.
1. Determine if you need a new system energy costs for air conditioning can mean more 50 percent of its electricity bill during the months of more heat or cold. Before you spend money to repair your air system conditioning or invest in a new one, consider these questions for help you assess the condition of your existing system:
- Do you make frequent repairs to your system?
- Has your system had a major component failure?
- Are you continuously receiving high electricity bills?
- Is your air conditioner working longer to cool your home?
If your system is more than ten years old and you answered yes to some of these questions, you may want to replace your system and take advantage of long-term cost reduction.
2. Evaluate your options key information you need from your contractor before you make the final decision:
- Ask your contractor to prepare an estimate for including:
- Type of system: direct cooling or heat pump?
- Efficiency: what efficiency rating is recommended?
- Size: an analysis of heat sources in your home will determine the correct size
- Warranty: how long are the parts and workforce?
- Price: make sure that the total costs include any change to the electrical or conduit system of your home and ask if the duct size is appropriate for your new system
- Additional efficiencies, consult your contractor important questions:
- Do you have preventive maintenance services accessible?
- Does your ducts system have perforations or leaks that need repair?
- Is the roof of your home sufficiently insulated?
3. Choose the system that is right for you when you buy a new air conditioning system it is important to find the one that best suits the needs of your home. The main types of systems to consider are:
- Direct cooling system:
- An air conditioning system that includes only equipment cooling.
- This type of system may include gas heating or electrical resistance.
- Heat pump system:
- Includes cooling and heating equipment
- Heats your home at about half the price, compared to a conventional heating system of electrical resistances.
- Its cost is slightly more than that of a system of direct cooling.